+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool filter motor

bunghole vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.

Pool filter motor

In the recent storms, my pool motor died. This happened earlier in the summer when we had some heavy storms. I've checked all my breakers and none of them have tripped. Is it possible that the storms caused an electrical spike to cause my motor to fail? Two times now.

I don't even know if I'm asking the right question.

Thanks.

asshat texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket Shaggy Silver Club texasjacket's Avatar
    Defined died.

pesca-pescatarian TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjacket View Post
    Defined died.

Yes please, any sound? Do you have an electric meter?

bunghole vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. vic can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Runs, but does not generate enough power to run my navigator. Same thing happened to my previous motor.

pesca-pescatarian TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder Shaggy Gold Club TKthunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    Runs, but does not generate enough power to run my navigator. Same thing happened to my previous motor.
    Make sure your pool has plenty of water, clean out all your skimmer and pump baskets, bypass your filter if you can, and clean out your impeller.

asshat cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo has a gigantic e-peen. cabowabo's Avatar
    If you need to replace it, look on Amazon for the motor and do it yourself. I've done it a couple of times, and it's not hard. Pool guys will $#@! you pretty good for both the part and labor.

bunghole brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado slams and goes hard. brado's Avatar
    Great advice from TK & cabo.

What is your pressure reading? How does that reading compare to normal. If the pressure is low, remove the pump basket, stick your hand into the pump opening, clean out any debris in there. This happened on mine, cleaned out the leaves that had gotten in there, and pressure returned to normal.

Yeah. If it isn't your impeller or a clog, you can take out the motor with or without the pump and take it to Hamilton Electric on Airport.

asshat Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club Quagmire Shaggy Silver Club
    Could be something stuck in your pool sweep as well, does yours suck water or squirt ?

Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
    Could be something stuck in your pool sweep as well, does yours suck water or squirt ?
    That is what I'm think too with both times being after heavy storms. Storms wash extra junk in pools that can jam up the sweeper or clog the line.

• + Reply to Thread